The famous dumplings you see featured in movies shouldn’t be found just in restaurants. Grab some courage and make this for your family and friends, right at home.
- two chicken breasts (you can also buy them from rotisserie);
- two cups of chicken broth;
- half butter;
- two cups of Bisquick;
- two cups of milk;
- one can of cream chicken soup (the ideal would be to use the Herbed one);
- three teaspoons of granules with chicken flavor;
- half teaspoon of dried sage;
- one teaspoon of black pepper;
- half teaspoon of salt (if it’s not salty enough, you can use more);
Start with preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Then you will start making the layers placed in the casserole. Take a 9 x 13 casserole fit for oven and make the first layer by melting the half butter and then sprinkle shredded chicken over it. Add some black pepper and the dried sausages and leave this layer unstirred.
Now you can focus on the next layer. For this you will need a smaller dish in which you’ll mix the milk with the Bisquick. When you are done, pour the mix onto the chicken and move on to the next layer.
For this last layer you will have to use a medium sized bowl. Put the chicken broth in it, together with the granules and the chicken soup and mix them together. At the end add a layer of Bisquick. Leave it unstirred and place the casserole into the oven for 35 minutes. If you are not sure when it is done, take the casserole out when the top becomes golden.